A dental implant is one of the most permanent forms of restorative dentistry available and can be used to restore a single tooth or several teeth. It is important to your health overall and to the health of your other teeth to replace missing teeth. When you have a missing tooth or teeth, you lose chewing ability and this condition can cause other teeth to be lost, tipped or crowded and create subsequent problems.
Dental Implant Procedure
This procedure involves the placement of a surgical grade titanium post directly into your jawbone by one of our doctors or trusted specialists. As the bone bonds to the post, it forms a secure foundation for the attachment of a crown or a prosthetic tooth that is custom created just for you.
Benefits Of Dental Implants
Patients who have one or more missing teeth are often ashamed of the poor appearance and lose self-esteem as a result. Dental implants have been used for treating missing teeth for more than 50 years. It’s considered an extremely effective treatment choice. Other benefits include:
- Dental implants can help you look and feel better about your appearance.
- Because dental implants are the closest thing to natural teeth, they will help to keep your remaining teeth strong and healthy.
- Dental implants will eliminate the need for messy adhesives used to hold dentures in place.
- Caring for your dental implants is the same as caring for natural teeth.
- Dental implants can improve your quality of life and increase your self esteem by restoring your bright, beautiful smile.
Are You a Good Candidate for Dental Implants?
If you are healthy enough to undergo a routine dental extraction or oral surgery, you may be considered a good candidate for dental implants. In addition, you should have healthy gums and enough bone to hold the implant. On the other hand, if you are a heavy smoker, suffer from uncontrolled chronic disorders like diabetes or heart disease, or if you have had radiation therapy to the head/neck area, you may need extra evaluation from one of our dental professionals. These conditions may preclude you from dental implant surgery and other treatment options should be considered.
To find out if you are a good candidate for dental implants, contact your closest Omni Dental to book a consultation with one of our skilled dentists.